Monday, April 13, 2009

Don't Even Know What Day It Is...

This is just a quick one. We're in the middle of week two of principal photography on EARTHLING. Things are going great. I have such an amazing cast and crew. I know I've mentioned this before, but really, they're the bee's knees. 

I've learned so much in the last few weeks. I feel like I've learned how to stay calm under debilitating pressure, and furthered my ability to make changes and compromises on the fly. This particular film is particularly hard to track. We're, of course, shooting out of order, and for something this "technical" with effects continuity and plot points that consistently need to be spelled out (i.e. sci-fi exposition), it's really become a challenge just keeping up with the basics on a day-to-day basis.

Tomorrow we film the most important emotional scenes in the film. I'm nervous, but excited. My actors are giving their all. I just gotta know what to take and when I've got it. I'm not even sure if that makes any sense. It's more of just trusting your artistic partners and knowing that not everything has to be telegraphed for an audience to get what you're going for.

I'm totally rambling and I have no idea what I'm talking about anymore. I'll post again when I'm more lucid. Just wish us all luck and godspeed as we sail towards the finish line of this nutty journey.

P.S.--This post is for Kat!

***Update***

Somehow watching this next video reaffirms my faith in the ability of the moving picture to stir the emotions. It gives me hope to soldier on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go!!!

 

html tracking
Racquetball