Sunday, February 22, 2009

Casting BONANZA!



Well, not really, but it feels like a bonanza...in my pants. Kidding. Actually, just got back from Austin, where thanks to the gracious help of one Kat Candler (aka Princess da Bomb'ington of Austin Film) I was able to hold a casting session for Austin area talent.

We're still on the hunt for a few good men, women and children for the upcoming feature film, EARTHLING. Shooting commences in March, and we're mostly good to go. Just a few key roles and locations left to fill.

We've already got a stellar cast brewing, with lead roles being filled by actors such as Rebecca Spence (an incredible recommendation from Frank V. Ross) and Peter Greene (who I can finally talk about, as he just signed his contract!).

Anyhow, there's so much to juggle right now. On this film and on projects for my various friends and associates. It's all coming together by sheer force of will. I'm in that 'don't look at the entire mountain, look at the individual rocks' mode. If I stared down everything I have left to do, I'd cry.

Earthling is my second feature as director. I've been told by various Hollywood types (including several old reps) that my first feature doesn't count because it's an anthology film (aka, a collection of shorts). Well, that didn't make it any harder to pull off. And for my sophomore effort, I picked a doozy as well. Science fiction 'psuedo-thriller' (horrible denotation) on a super low budget. Thankfully I've been blessed (in a non-religious, but equally monumental sense) with an incredible production team.

I'm sure I'll be blogging about each and every one of them in the following weeks. Hopefully I can keep my head on straight.

This blog entry kinda sucks ass, but my brain can do no better at this moment. I really began typing this just to say thanks to Kat. Then the blathering began...Oh well, can't win em all.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell, yeah, man!! Congrats! So excited you're behind the wheel again!

Let me know if you need any more casting recommendations, or any other help, yo!

Clay Liford said...

Actually, I'd like to help you too! When you cut yer film (congrats on finishing, by the way), perhaps you'll grant me the honor of coloring it!

Barak Epstein said...

lets just call it "lo-fi-sci-fi"

 

html tracking
Racquetball